Main Board - Level IV Electronic Repair Technician
Apply for this job:Apply
DescriptionUnder the direction of the Technical Service Production Manager, the Main Board Level IV Electronic Repair Technician performs advanced electronic repairs to consumer electronic devices by troubleshooting mainboard failures down to the component level utilizing hand tools, electronic test equipment, golden units, and manufacturer specifications in a timely, accurate manner. In addition, this role will conduct research on new repair methods utilizing online resources and develop repair troubleshooting guides to be used for training other technicians on advanced repair methods.
- Disassemble unit to gain access to defect, using hand tools.
- Examine device and diagnose the problem
- Test device performance and functionality of key features to determine root cause of failure
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, instructions, and specifications to determine needed repairs and operation sequence.
- Requisition parts and materials.
- Provide quality repairs utilizing only the necessary parts needed to bring the unit to good working condition
- Perform a complete quality check of unit, test batteries, cables, media and other digital items to ensure the diagnosed problem has been corrected
- Clean device using cleaning materials and work aids.
- Assist junior technicians with device troubleshooting to determine root cause of unit failure.
- Utilize on-line resources to research best practice repair solutions for current device repair problems
- Utilize on-line resources and conduct experimental evaluations of new products to develop in house repair procedures and troubleshooting guides
Competencies/Requirements of the position
- Excellent manual dexterity with small tools and components.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must consistently exceed 100% productivity and have a Warranty rate below 4%
- Must have a strong demonstrated knowledge of departmental procedures
- Ability to show patience and solve/troubleshoot complex technical problems
- Must possess the ability to diagnose complex mainboard problems and isolate root causes of failures down to the component level and perform effective repairs of such defects
- Must possess ability to solder electronic boards and components
- Ability to train others in complex repair techniques and communicate concepts to a group of technicians.
- Ability to use computers and the internet ie, entering data, retrieving information and conducting online research
- Passion for learning and working with today's latest electronic equipment
- Punctual, strong work ethic and dedicated individual who is looking to grow with the company
- Productivity – Units repaired per hour as a % of the standard rate of units per hour
- Quality-Monthly rework (SW rate) as a % of total units repaired and Quality Control failure rate
- Bench Organizational Audit Performance %