Mobile Phone Repair Technician
Apply for this job:Apply
DescriptionUnder the direction of the Technical Service Production Manager, the Mobile Phone Repair Technician assembles, services, and repairs components and systems for electronic and mechanical devices by utilizing hand tools, test equipment, and manufacturer specifications in a timely, accurate manner.
- Disassemble unit to gain access to defect, using hand tools.
- Examine device to diagnose the problem
- Test device performance and functionality of key features.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, instructions, and specifications to determine needed repairs and operation sequence.
- Requisition parts and materials.
- Provide quality repairs utilizing only the necessary parts needed to bring the unit to good working condition
- Perform a complete quality check of unit, test batteries, cables, media and other digital items to ensure the diagnosed problem has been corrected
- Clean device using cleaning materials and work aids.
Competencies/Requirements of the position
- Excellent manual dexterity with small tools and components.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to show patience and solve/troubleshoot complex technical problems
- Ability to solder electronic boards and components
- Basic ability to use computers ie, entering data and retrieving information
- Passion for learning and working with today's latest electronic equipment
- Punctual, strong work ethic and dedicated individual who is looking to grow with the company
- Productivity-Units repaired while clocked into work
- Parts-Parts Usage as a % of Revenue by category
- Quality-Monthly rework as a % of total units repaired and Quality Control failure rate
- Cross-Training-Expanding repair skill-set to additional device types